Re: removable storage devices still do not auto-mount

rapponcape wrote:
I continue to have trouble with removable usb memory sticks not
auto-mounting with Fedora.  Had problem on FC6( auto-mounted
the stick once, then never again) and now, after a fresh install of
FC7, the same problem.  Hal output always ends with "scsi.type is
unknown" "Not adding device object", but, other indicators show that
the device is recognized and present.  I can mount it manually.

I've removed the following file, as some suggested, but still no luck
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/99-redhat-storage-policy-fixed-drives.fdi

This seems to be an ongoing problem. Can anyone shed any light on this?
The hal dev group had nothing for me.

What's up??

Thanks.

Fresh install or updated to the latest versions?