Re: If you are maintinaing of developing a Fedora Package.

Le jeudi 18 octobre 2007 à 10:16 +0300, Panu Matilainen a écrit :

> Amen. If the labels were universally set in stone, it might make sense to
> store into rpm but as they can and do vary between policy versions,
> different policies and local custom policies...

You could make the same arguments for user names, unix permissions or
file location — a lot them have different values in the wild than in
Fedora and yet we store our policy in rpm.

It all goes down to whether we want to make selinux a first-class
citizen, provide good selinux support by default, and make Fedora policy
choices, or keep it in the current netherworld where most Fedora
packagers do not feel concerned and users learn to add selinux=false to
their grub config.

There is no middle ground. Middle ground is just a way to avoid fixing
problems, confuses people and makes them avoid the thing like the
plague.

--
Nicolas Mailhot