Opinions needed (in bugzilla please) regarding Firefox/compiz interaction for Fedora 8.

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Oct 19 14:12:45 UTC 2007

> From http://jkeating.livejournal.com/46640.html :
>
> So recently Firefox got some "better" notification support. One of the
> effects of this support is that if you're using compiz and you have
> your open browser on a different cube face, compiz will rotate you
> automatically to the cube face that has firefox on it as soon as you
> click a link.

It's worse than that. When using Metacity, firefox jumps to the
workspace thus ruining your carefully set up workspaces. That's bug
307581 which is almost certainly the same problem. Keep in mind that our
*default* install includes this very combo (multiple workspaces,
metacity, firefox). Yet, some people told me this wasn't a blocker... Go
figure. The good news is that there is patch.

     David