yum groupinstall single arch?

I'm doing my semi-annual penance by doing yum upgrade to rawhide.
I'll write up my notes soonish (it's not that bad, but not exactly for
beginners), but had a question.

I'm on x86_64, and I've removed all the i386 packages. :-)  I want to
update several yum groups, with:

yum groupinstall Base
yum groupinstall 'GNOME Desktop Environment'

unfortunately, this pulls in piles of i386 packages for no obvious
reason, when I really only need a few new x86_64 packages.

How can I get yum groupinstall to not pull in the i386 packages?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch