Re: Multiarch crazyiness

Ian Chapman wrote:
If yum/rpm is patched so that when arch conflicts occur in %{_bindir} for example, it chooses the preferred architecture, ie 64bit over 32bit for X86 and 32bit over 64bit for PPC, is there a technical reason why this cannot be applied to anything under %doc?

The current multilib solution in rpm is far from pretty, it works well, but definitively has downsides. I think as is its a reasonable comprimise, lets not add bandaids and patches to it for issues which should be solved elsewhere, I feel the pain of maintainers getting these bugs (I got 15 of them), but they are fixable without requiring the addition of yet another multilib kludge to rpm.

Regards,

Hans