Re: what to do when gnome power manager shows wrong battery capacity?

On 10/21/07, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
> On 10/21/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 00:28 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > > But I pulled the battery out and on the back of the battery on the
> > > label it says: 10.8V and 47Wh
> >
> > Either the label is wrong, or the "smart" controller chip in the battery
> > is wrong. If the battery is giving us wrong information, then it's not
> > our fault.
> >
> > Richard.
>
> I'm a but suspicious because I see same maximum capacity for different
> batteries and different laptops...

I wasn't implying that fedora/gpm or any other component is wrong or
that you made some mistake I am only asking how can I fix it. If I
know exactly what are my battery specs and their "smart" electronics
reports some bogus data I would like to have some way of correcting
the wrong info.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/