Re: Some thoughts about firmware inclusion.

On 22.10.2007 10:18, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> 2007/10/22, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net>:
>
>>> Since we can include firmware for different devices into Fedora, can
>>> we include win32-binaries for use together with Wine, DOS executables
>>> for dosbox, jars for use with Java stacks , etc (if will be confirmed
>>> that they works).
>> These are executed on the main CPU so the answer is no
> There is no such prohibition.

There is, but it's indirectly by the definition of firmware, as we
afaics only call something firmware which is executed in the hardware
and not on the host CPU (just like the BIOS). That's why madwifi's HAL
is no firmware and the current madwifi thus not in Fedora.

> [...]

Cu
knurd