Re: Some thoughts about firmware inclusion.

Peter Lemenkov wrote:
I fully agree, this discussion does raise one interesting question though: What
if there is fully floss software, which we can build from source. Which is
written for another OS, but will run fine under an emulator and is hard to
port. Do we allow shipping this?

BTW there is an obvious example - VirtualDUB.

Which uses all kind of patented stuff and thus is a no go.

Regards,

Hans (who still thinks the question is valid, and the answer is yes)