Re: CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

At 7:55 AM -0500 10/22/07, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> Now we are talking about an actual problem which wasn't clear to me
>>> earlier. So if Fedora Project released regular CD's for this release and
>>> makes live upgrades a supported option from Fedora 9 onwards, do you see
>>> any need for a regular CD variant in the future?
>>>

>> Other then for it's sentimental value, the impressive number of discs
>> for the Everything spin or laptop-in-the-bush cases, there's no real
>> need for CD's. The few people that want a customized install with all
>> kinds of exotic partitioning schemes (or minimal installs) should either
>> be able to create CDs off the DVD iso or get the CDs from any third
>> party providing them.
>
>A: I have not DVD drives.

It could be explained better, but "askmethod" allows installation of a DVD
image with only a (or even no) CD drive, as long as the DVD image is made
available during the install.  I keep mine on C: (sda1,/), but a USB key or
hard drive would also work.  (I have a DVD drive, and I boot the DVD, but
one can just burn the RescueCD image that comes with the DVD, at least with
the torrent).