Re: any plans to make wireless more user-friendly in Fedora 9?

Martin Marques wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Valent Turkovic wrote:

One other small issue; I can't find NetworkManager anywhere in Gnome
menue. Where is it located? There is no shortcut that I can see in
Applications or in System menues. It that on purpose? Why?

You aren't supposed to run it as a command or call it from the menu. See

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NetworkManager

Does this mean that Gnome starts automatically NetworkManager?

In the GNOME and KDE Live images, Network Manager is started by default. It is not started by GNOME.

Anyway, I use KDE. ;-)

Network Manager is a daemon that is DE neutral. nm-applet is used by GNOME and KNetworkManager is used by KDE who are both frontends to Network Manager.

In Fedora 8, nm-applet is used by KDE too as a workaround in the KDE Live images since KNetworkManager does not work with Network Mananger 0.7

Rahul