CDs DVDs or netboot. Oh my!

Jonathan Steffan jon at fedoraunity.org
Tue Oct 23 19:54:19 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> One thing I'd thought about a couple of times is creating a
> "http://ks.fedoraproject.org/" site that includes a minimal ks config,
> like method=http://path/to/our/mirrors"  it'd work with our current
> setup pretty easy, could even create install medium that defaults to
> it.  The main blocker is I'm not sure how anaconda will deal with bad
> mirrors (they do happen) and being able to switch mirrors in the middle
> of an install would be nice.

Having access to the mirror list at install time would be very nice
(automagically of course...) This would require anaconda to be able to
fail back mirrors, among other things. Right now, anaconda dies when a
package fails to download... there is no "oops, try again" and "hmm,
well look here instead" and we really need these features. I'm not sure
how much work it would be, but maybe I'll poke anaconda again, last time
it beat me.

--
Jonathan Steffan
daMaestro