Re: Request permission to break always use system libs rule for asc-2.0

Christian Iseli wrote:
Hey Hans,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:59:57 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
Anyways I'm totally fed up with having discussions like this with the bureaucratic powers that control Fedora (woa I feel like I'm Ralf now) either the powers that be give me permission to use SDLmm and paragui as included and maintained within upstream asc release, or I'll just orphan all 3 of them. I refuse to become upstream for 2 libraries backporting fixes from asc each release just because some people want to follow the rules as if they are something holy. orphaning asc would be a shame as its a great and quite popular game, but if that is want the powers that be want, then that is what they will get.

I'd say: just relax and follow your original idea.  It makes sense and
your reasons make sense to me too.

Worse comes to worst, someone will file a BZ ticket and/or ask FESCO
for a decision.

Thanks for the good advice. I'll follow it and just move along as planned.

So far, from FESCO, I've only seen caillon comment and also agree that
you should follow your plan.

I was under the mistaken impression that Toshia is (was?) part of FESco.

Regards,

Hans