Mass Branching for F-8 (round 2)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:15:02 UTC 2007

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 10:04:39PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> The branching is done.  CVS commits have been re-enabled.  If your
>> package is missing an F-8 branch please mail rel-eng at fedoraproject.org
>> and we'll look into it.
>
> Well the pkgdb part of this seems to have gone wrong for *all* the
> lvm-team-owned projects, unfortunately.
>
> Specifically, the Fedora 7 permissions were not copied across to the
> new Fedora 8 correctly:

Yep.  This is because when the ownership data was imported there were
people who still hadn't signed up for cvsextras like they were supposed
to.  Since then, I've plugged holes in the pkgdb checks that keep people
who haven't signed up for cvsextras from getting acls where they aren't
supposed to which led to some packages having errors in this round of
mass branching.  My apologies, I should have stripped those people out
of the data on initial import instead of assuming they were just being
slow to finish the merge process.

To fix your particular problem, you need to decide what to do about the
following lvm team members:

mauelsha Heinz Mauelshagen -- !!Very important!! Needs to have cla_done
and cvsextras before he can be allowed to commit.

These people only need cvsextras
sct Stephen Tweedie
dwysocha Dave Wysochanski

Once you get these people sign up for the right accounts I can rebranch
lvm2, device-mapper, device-mapper-multipath, and dmraid in the pkgdb
and the acls will duplicate what's in devel.

Alternately, you can have me remove those people from the acls for these
packages and I can then rebranch the permissions at that point.

-Toshio