ISO file size in bytes?

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Thu Oct 25 03:03:45 UTC 2007

Would it be possible to list the iso file size in bytes in the SHA1SUM file?

The reason that I ask it is that I had a DVD with Fedora 7 on it and needed
a copy of the iso file.  So I did a dd on the DVD, but the file ended up
being bigger than the original iso file.  I had to know the size so I could
enter the number of blocks to copy.

It is much quicker to do an ls -l than it is to run sha1sum on a file.
If the size is right then run the sha1sum.

Or is the size listed on some web page some place?
Everywhere I have looked I end up with an estimate.

Thanks!
Jerry