Feedback from PulseAudio 0.9.7 SVN (Was: Current problems with Rawhide)

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 04:51:07 UTC 2007

Okay, I'm attaching my logs related to PulseAudio to this email.  I hope
someone can tell me the right place to go.

I guess it's important to describe the setup as well.  I'm using
alsa-plugins-pulse to redirect ALSA sound to PulseAudio, so pcm.default!
and ctl.default! are both set to module: pulse.  The actual hardware is
aliased as hw:0 (I keep getting errors that it's busy, even though
nothing is running that would use sound because I automatically kill
aRts before I start PulseAudio, and none of the other sound daemons are
running...)

BTW, for some odd reason, Thunderbird seems to pass between a phase of
being fine and a phase where it takes up 90% of the system resources and
grinds to a halt for a period of time.  I'm not sure what's up with
that, either...