Re: catching broken deps

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:50:09 +0200
Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> wrote:

You see, we (Thorsten and me) do not want to make this 100% bullet
proof, we just want to do some cheap (in computing time) checks which
should catch a > 50% percentage of all breakages.

* Packages with this error would get a special tag and rel-eng can
override this for things like firefox updates, etc. But normally we
do not want provides to go away with updates to a release.

Do you have code to do this?

Not at the moment, but before sinking time into this I would first like to see some commitment to / interest in checks like these.

If we are going to do this I have a few questions:
-What languages would be acceptable to write such checks in?
-What kind of access to the repository for which is being build is available on
 the buildsys. (mirror mounted as filesystem / yum only / ..)

Regards,

Hans