Re: catching broken deps

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:06:11 +0200
Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> wrote:

> Not at the moment, but before sinking time into this I would first
> like to see some commitment to / interest in checks like these.

I don't think anybody is going to say no to adding some checks in to at
least warn a maintainer that the build they submitted may cause
problems.  I don't think we want to fail any builds yet, especially
since we don't have an easy way to "unfail" the build.  So
informational only.

> If we are going to do this I have a few questions:
> -What languages would be acceptable to write such checks in?

Python would be preferred.

> -What kind of access to the repository for which is being build is
> available on the buildsys. (mirror mounted as filesystem / yum
> only / ..)

Within the buildroot itself there should be access to the build
repository, but this doesn't necessarily match the released repos.  My
best recommendation would be to construct a yum object and point to a
known local repo (http) to gather repodata information.

--
Jesse Keating