Re: Possibility of inclusion of a "kde-desktop-effects" version in compiz

Sebastian Vahl wrote:
Hi.

Since beryl is sadly being removed from the repository, KDE users don't have the ability to easily switch from kwin to compiz and back again. The KDE-SIG was asked to write such a tool but after the confirmation [1] that compiz wouldn't obsolete beryl it hasn't become primary attention.
Um, when I tested out the new version of compiz on openSUSE, I noticed that compiz itself seems to have a tool for switching between window managers. It seemed to work fine for me in KDE.