Packaging doc/xls-files?

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:45:50 UTC 2007

Hello All!
Trying to package one software piece I found that there is one
*.doc-file between documentation. There is also its html-source
created with Microsoft Word so I may simply drop non-standard file
format in this particular case, but what should someone do later in
such cases? Are any RFC's or policies for handling such situations?

I personally vote against proprietary doc-format, but we include some
software to deal with so maybe its just my personal paranoia.

--
With best regards!