Re: Reporting NM 'bug'?

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 09:33 -0700, Karl Misselt wrote:
> Hi - I'm running F8 Test 3, fully updated on a new Inspiron 1420n.
> Upgrading NetworkManager to 0.7.0-0.3.svn3020 breaks my wireless;
> rolling back to 0.7.0-0.3.svn2914 results in a working wireless.  I don't
> see anything about NM breakage in bugzilla,

Seriously? We have a whole tracker bug just to keep track of the other
NetworkManager bugs:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=336531

> so was going to file a
> bug against it.  what additional info would be useful to attach
> (beyond lspci, dmesg output)?

First, update to NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.5.svn3030.fc8, which you can get
here:
(it missed last night's rawhide push by a few minutes - will land
tomorrow, but we need testing ASAP)

If the problem persists, useful info to include would be:
- type of wireless network adapter in your machine (lspci is fine)
- type of network you are connecting to (security type, etc)
- NetworkManager log messages from /var/log/messages
and maybe some other stuff that I'm not remembering at the moment.

-w