On Board video vs AGP/PCI

I have an ATI 1300 card via agp, and am thinking of using my on board
video.  But when I hook up the monitor to it, it's like it doesn't
exist, even when it first boots and you just see BIOS boot msgs.  I even
double checked my BIOS, and the only thing I can find is to have display
start with PCI or AGP.  Nothing about on board or anything.  Is there a
way to get it detected initially, without removing the card itself?
Would even that do it?  Now I feel stupid, but I couldn't find the
hardware menu in my menu to at least see what video driver it might
would use or which type it is on my motherboard.  It's an MSI 7060
board, which is a SiS make I think?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY