dangling symlinks in rpm packages for Fedora-devel

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 29 21:53:57 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:41:32 +0000 (UTC)
> Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler <at> chello.at> wrote:
>
> > I guess some post-processing (maybe the BuildID processing?) gets
> > confused by that. So the SONAME needs to be fixed to be unversioned.
>
> Why not make the file versioned instead, to match the SONAME?

Because these libraries are only ever loaded with dlopen, they're not in the
linker search path, they're plugins.

It turns out strigi 0.5.7 already fixes this issue (by making the plugins
unversioned just as I'm doing), however I'm going to kick off a patched 0.5.5
build with only this fix to rush into f8-final.

        Kevin Kofler