rawhide report: 20071030 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 13:46:09 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:37:00 +0100
Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> And again I see a lot of fix multilib conflicts changelog entries,
> wasn't this supposed to be F-9 material and if they are how does this
> relate to the freeze?
>
> I've fixed quite a few packages for this too, but all the bug reports
> I got said it would be nice if this were to be fixed for F-9.

Some overachieving maintainers requested that these be fixed in F-8,
particularly if it would effect yum upgrades from F7 or otherwise part
of a standard package set.  Since we were taking in bugfixes we went
ahead and accepted these requests for inclusion.  However as per my
email just a moment ago today is the last day for such freedom in
requesting bugfixes.  Even today I'm going to give people a harder time
on getting stuff in.

The bugs say F9 because it was completely unreasonable to expect
everybody fix this stuff for F8 (and that would be a lot of churn very
late in the game).  So the deadline is F9.

--
Jesse Keating