KDE logout options with F8

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 21:07:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed F8 Test3 some time ago and since then I am on rawhide. I am using
KDE and ever since the installation I miss the shutdown and hibernation
options (buttons) in the KDE log out dialog. There is only the end current
session button which is leading me to back to the login screen from where I
then can do the shutdown. Of course the shell shutdown and kshutdown both
work as alternative.

I would really appreciate to get those buttons back. Is it because of the
rawhide packages or is there something messed up on my notebook? (What could
I do in the latter case?)

Furthermore I sometimes observe for some seconds the standard gnome gdm login
screen (the blue one with the yellow flower) appearing after I optioned for
shutdown at the infinity (kdm?) login - ...

Beside this I must say its really nice how everything works!

Regards
Stefan