RadeonHD driver status

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 23:27:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 09:12 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> This is the Internet, it looks like a me too and it smells like a me too
> I consider it a me too, providing info on the type/range of cards tested
> etc is useful.. saying avivo broken radeonhd not is not useful as we
> also have ppl saying the opposite...
>
> Red Hat and Fedora are contemplating the future wrt to AMD r5xx cards,
> all options are going to be looked at, there may even be options that
> you don't know about yet..
>
> Dave.

01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon X1950 Pro
(Secondary) (PCIE)

Are the two machines I can talk about. One works better than the other
with Avivo, neither works well with it.

Both use AL2002W monitors from Acer. Both work very well at 1680x150 w/
this monitor. I may have one more machine I can comment on, but it will
be a few days.

I hope a great solution is found.

Trever
--
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a
miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -- Albert