Re: KDE logout options with F8

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Rahul Sundaram (sundaram fedoraproject org) said:
gdm is the default login manager in the base X group. It can't
be removed from there.
Are you telling me there is no way we can let people who select KDE get KDM by default?

You said we needed to fix gdm being installed - that can't be done that
way.

I only mentioned that KDM should be selected by default if users choose to select KDE. This really has nothing specific to do with KDE either. It is just logical that a display manager associated with any desktop environment should be installed by default along with the desktop environment. I haven't described anything about GDM or how exactly that should be done. I don't see why GDM is in the x-group instead of the GNOME group either.

Rahul