KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 31 01:29:23 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
>>> gdm is the default login manager in the base X group. It can't
>>> be removed from there.
>> Are you telling me there is no way we can let people who select KDE get KDM
>> by default?
>
> You said we needed to fix gdm being installed - that can't be done that
> way.

I only mentioned that KDM should be selected by default if users choose
to select KDE. This really has nothing specific to do with KDE either.
It is just logical that a display manager associated with any desktop
environment should  be installed by default along with the desktop
environment. I haven't described anything about GDM or how exactly that
should be done. I don't see why GDM is in the x-group instead of the
GNOME group either.

Rahul