KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 31 02:30:36 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:21:34 -0400
> Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Sure, here you go: a display manager is a security sensitive piece of
>> code. Shipping multiple just because their names start with a letter
>> you don't like is not a smart move, because you end up doing twice the
>> security errata.
>
> And doing every feature twice (face browser, etc..) or having different
> feature sets that confuse and anger users.

Face browser feature already exists in KDE and since upstream is doing
the work, it isn't a additional burden for us and users are already
pissed off about losing basic functionality like a shutdown button.

Like I said, KDE spin already has KDM as the default. If someone is
explicitly selecting KDE in the Fedora DVD image, it is safe to assume
they are aware of the differences and provide them the display manager
that matches their desktop environment better.

Rahul