Re: KDE logout options with F8

Bill Nottingham wrote:

If someone installs just Xorg without any desktop environment, I don't see why the default Xorg display manager would be a bad choice. The only users who are going to install just Xorg are power users and we don't have to worry about them too much since this is a corner case.

Right! If they happened to choose this group before, let's change the
defaults now so they get something worse!

We worry about this corner case of users choosing just Xorg and then inflict worse choices on a much more common scenario of users using KDE. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. gdm is installed as part of base-x. So
you can't change this just via package installation.

So the question is, is there any way at all to get KDM by default when users select KDE during installation or is there none?

Rahul