KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 31 02:56:13 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
>>> Then perhaps instead of suggesting we change many years of established
>>> behavior ON THE NIGHT OF THE FINAL FREEZE (in ways that don't work, even)
>>> you may want to work on investigating the actual bug?
>> I already discussed in a bug report in Red Hat bugzilla many months back
>> IIRC that was ignored and I never suggested that we change this immediately
>> for Fedora 8. Since KDE spin already has KDM as the default,  there isn't
>> much of a chance for a regression but we can do this in the Fedora 9 branch
>> just to be safe if that is a problem.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Or, you know, you could investigate the actual bug. Which is easily found
> in both the KDE and GNOME bugzillas, where you can find out that it's
> because kdebase is pointing to the wrong location for the GDM fifo, and
> note the one line patch in the KDE bugzilla that fixes it, apply it to
> CVS, and build it.

Let me repeat. I discussed this in bugzilla before and it was ignored
despite being a long standing issue and there are more differences in
between KDM and GDM than merely this and KDM is always going to work
better with KDE and similarly, GDM with GNOME. You are forcing GDM to be
the default for KDE unnecessarily even though, this is not the case for
the KDE spin.

Rahul