KDE logout options with F8

Vikram Goyal vikigoyal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 05:47:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 10:24:14PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:21:34 -0400
> Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Sure, here you go: a display manager is a security sensitive piece of
> > code. Shipping multiple just because their names start with a letter
> > you don't like is not a smart move, because you end up doing twice the
> > security errata.
>
> And doing every feature twice (face browser, etc..) or having different
> feature sets that confuse and anger users.

Yes, absolutely logical and clear message. We should have only one
display manager and only one desktop environment. What the other are
doing but giving the same functionality. On the same lines:

There should be only one shell
There should be only one image viewer
There should be only one file browser
There should be only one internet browser
There should be only one mail client

On top of that 'WE should have only one distro'

Things remain simple that way.

Whoops! goes the fedora KDE integration.

Really nice direction. Things became a bit clear today. Thanks...

Cheers!
--
vikram...
--
The state law of Pennsylvania prohibits singing in the bathtub.