kernel-2.6.23.1-30.fc8 problem with symbios scsi controllers.

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Wed Oct 31 14:54:20 UTC 2007

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 06:14:36PM +0100, Howard Wilkinson wrote:
>

> On the kernel that works, is anything in the above section different?

Yes the kernel saw some data about the bridges! I do not have a dump to
hand but may be able to reproduce if needed
>  > PCI: If a device doesn't work, try "pci=routeirq".  If it helps, post a
>  > report
>
> Worth a shot.  Also give pci=noacpi a try if that still doesn't fix it.

pci=routeirq fails with same problem
pci=noacpi works in that it sees the disc but the network will not start
the loopback device - probably unrelated as I have seen something
similar elsewhere.

> On the face of things, interrupt routing is screwed up somehow, and
> everything goes south shortly after initialisation.
> Give those boot params a try, and see if that helps any.
> Sadly, this isn't going to get fixed in time for F8 now, so we're
> in the "hope there are workarounds" area for this.
>
> (Final big hammer to try if all else fails - acpi=off)

This worked and will do me for now. But how do we go about getting this
fixed, there are a LARGE number of these boxes in the field!
> 	Dave

Howard.

--

Howard Wilkinson