Compilation problem with rawhide

Tanguy Eric eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Sat Sep 1 14:32:45 UTC 2007

Le samedi 01 septembre 2007 à 07:32 -0400, Jakub Jelinek a écrit :
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 01:07:23PM +0200, Tanguy Eric wrote:
> > I tried to change :
> >
> >             if( Instr && Instr->IsVirtualFile )
> >                 Fp = virtualDirCallback.open( filename, UPNP_READ );
> >             else
> >                 Fp = fopen( filename, "rb" );
> >
> > by
> >
> >             if( Instr && Instr->IsVirtualFile )
> >                 Fp = virtualDirCallback.(open)( filename, UPNP_READ );
> >             else
> >                 Fp = fopen( filename, "rb" );
> >
> > but the same error stil remain.
>
> Use
> Fp = (virtualDirCallback.open)( filename, UPNP_READ );
> or
> Fp = (*virtualDirCallback.open)( filename, UPNP_READ );
>
> 	Jakub

Thanks the first one do the trick.
Is this problem specific to our version of the compiler because an
upstream developer answer me this :
"so that I can decide the best way to patch it. I would rather not patch
it, because it is too weird and seems to be a problem of a specific
version of the compiler. It does not happen with two different versions
of gcc, namely 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 from Suse."

Eric