Kerberos Integration (Was: Fedora Crypto Consolidation Project)

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Sun Sep 2 22:13:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 13:29 +0200, Alexander Boström wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 13:23 +0300, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> > I think http://www.freeipa.org/ is a very good first step to make
> > setting up a kerberized network easy and managing it painless. Can we
> > build over that, and start integrating more services.
>
> Yes, sounds like a plan. Thanks for reminding me about that project!

Alexander,
I am working on the FreeIPA project and any contribution there is _very_
welcome. We have a long task ahead before we can reach substantially the
same amount of integration and features that AD has, but we are doing
something that, eventually, may get use there, or as I hope, have
something even better for us so that it can better suite our needs.
Contrary to what some say, AD is not "just" kerberos + ldap, it is also
that of course, but it is also a lot of other things, and, unfortunately
our apps are not as kerberos/ldap friendly as they could be.
But with some help from other people we can quickly get a lot more out
of IPA so that Fedora can be a very good Identity Management solution
out of the box soon.

Simo.