Classifying Packages By Priority

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Wed Sep 5 00:22:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

Is there work or a proposal on incorporating Priority (TRIVIAL,
FEATURE_ENHANCEMENT, BUGFIX, SECURITY, etc.) meta-info into RPM
packages? Then it would be a simple thing to do "yum update
--priority=SECURITY|BUGFIX". The "Priority" here would of course mean
the incremental difference between it and some prior package version.

I was just reminded of the old days when I used to administer Solaris
boxes and would be so conservative with changes that only Security type
of patches would be applied.
--

Richi Plana