Plan for tomorrows (20070906) FESCO meeting

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 00:15:27 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Mamoru Tasaka <mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote, at 09/06/2007 08:57 AM +9:00:

> >> Probably, though I'm against killing it.
> > +1. I am also against killing it.
> >
> > maintainers@ and devel@ serve different purposes and are supposed to
> > have different audiences (package maintenance vs. general fedora
> > development)
>
> Also +1 for opposition to kill maintainers@ list.
> I don't think that general Fedora developers or non-Fedora users/developers
> who will see and comment on devel@ list also want to see comments about
> the procedures on build/updates system, package orphan issue, etc...

If the build system were to have some radical change (You need a
README.FRIBBLE file in your src.rpm or the new buildsystem dies..)
that affects devel.

I unsubscribed from -devel a while ago because all I wanted to see was
maintainer issues.. I basically had to spend every day going through
something on -devel to make sense of various posts... at which point
it makes no sense to comment on something in -maintainer when I have
to comment again on -devel.