FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-09-06

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Sep 7 00:06:19 UTC 2007

> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> writes:
> > [1] IMO, this FESCO decision is a fault and mistake, we all will regret.
> > It molests maintainers with long term development babbling and molests
> > "application developers" with "bureaucracy of Fedora package
> > maintenance" - It's not helpful to both parties.
>
> Well, the biggest problem with -maintainers was that it was only postable
> through on subscription (which also kept people from using tools like the GMane
> NNTP and web interfaces) and that subscription was essentially limited to
> existing maintainers (which kept not only the random users out, but even people
> with legitimate content to post).
Yes, it had been a closed list and maintainers did get automatically
subscribed to it - The FESCO of the time this was decided, this approach
wise - I never did - But THEM decided otherwise.

Now, at least I will very likely miss essential postings, because they
get swapped away in all the "*-ng, x11.R8, kernel-*, ubuntu has "a
bigger one" babbling ... THEM have decided.

Fortunately, THEM are a democratically elected - Now, I have a list of
people have made top rankings on my list of folks I will NOT vote in
next FESCO elections.

Ralf