kernel modules/kmods/dkms (Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070906) FESCO meeting)

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat Sep 8 09:42:05 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 10:41:44PM -0400, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> This driver supports a lot of modern webcams, but the driver developer
> has no intention of even trying to have this code merged into the
> kernel.  What are we to do in this circumstance?

Talk to Greg KH and maybe als put a copy in the base tree anyway as the
GPL permits is the view I took away from the kernel summit.

Greg is working with people to get stuff in tree and failing that if
the issue about being in/out of tree is 'can't be bothered' 'don't like the
politics' or similar then we can find someone willing to act as the
kernel tree side merge/review/keeper.