Re: Announcing rpmfusion

Hi,

Tuesday 11 of September 2007 08:38:19 Hans de Goede napisaƂ(a):

> RPM Fusion aims to bring together many packagers from various 3rd party
> repos and build a single add-on repository for Fedora and Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux.

great,

> It will contain add-on packages and not replacements in relation to the
> base package set. Whereby the base package set is defined as: RHEL/CentOS +
> EPEL or Fedora (Fedora 7+).

hmmm....
I'm not sure I understand it correctly... let's have an example.

Fedora doesn't have 'lame'. RPM Fusion will have 'lame', right?
But You will _not_ rebuild k3b with lame support, because You don't want to
replace "base" package set (k3b is in base). Right?

Another example: inclusion of mp3 support libraries, but without rebuilding
audio players.

If this is the case, wouldn't such a repo be useless?

regards,

PS. Please clarify this if I misunderstood the point.
--
Jaroslaw Gorny