Announcing rpmfusion

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:27:04 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Bill Crawford <billcrawford1970 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/09/2007, Richi Plana <myfedora at richip.dhs.org> wrote:
>
> > Hans, how about this for an idea: re-write the
> > gstreamer-plugins-bad.spec so that it puts the various plugins in
> > separate packages and make gstreamer-plugins-bad a virtual package that
> > Requires all of the plugins to pull them in?
>
> +2

-100

The discussion on how gstreamer's source codebase needs to be
happening with gstreamer upstream. if gstreamer upstream continues to
aggregate, splitting modules out one by one is guaranteed to be a
fragile exercise of frustration. If it makes sense for the users of
distributions to consume the modules as separate packages then it
makes just as much sense for the gstreamer upstream to treat the
modules as separate codebases so the entire gstreamer
user/developer/tester base can consume them piecemeal as well.

Everyone who wants to see more modularity, feel free to bring this
desire up with the gstreamer upstream and make a reasoned argument to
try to persuade them to change how they are packaging the modules.

-jef"I'd love to consume gstreamer modules piecemeal for testing"spaleta