Announcing rpmfusion

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Sep 12 18:04:50 UTC 2007

Richi Plana wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 10:02 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Richi Plana wrote:
>>> Speaking of gstreamer-plugins-bad, I don't even grab mine from any
>>> repository. I have to compile my own as I use the timidity and wildmidi
>>> plugins (which aren't enabled in any of the repos, as far as I can
>>> tell).
>> Argh, you are right they aren't enabled in livna. Next time please file a bug
>> about things like this. I specially packaged libtimidity and wildimidi for
>> Fedora so that I could enable them, I'll do a new gstreamer-plugins-bad for
>> livna fixing this shortly.
>
> I was wondering why there was a wildmidi-related patch in the srpm.

Well, because I intended to enable wildmidi support as soon as wildmidi got
approved, but I forgot :|

> Sorry if I hadn't filed a bug report. It's hard to tell what was
> intended and what isn't. Would it interest you to know that on my
> machine, I also have the mpeg2enc and nassink plugins enabled?

mpeg2enc should already be enabled I indeed missed nas thats enabled now too

> Hans, how about this for an idea: re-write the
> gstreamer-plugins-bad.spec so that it puts the various plugins in
> separate packages and make gstreamer-plugins-bad a virtual package that
> Requires all of the plugins to pull them in?

I think this is a bad idea, we really want the user to have todo less to get a
complete set of codecs, not more.

It might be an idea to put some of the less often used sinks (jack, nas, ?) in
a -extras package though, to avoid pulling in deps most people don't have a use
for.

Regards,

Hans