Disable IPv6 by default.

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Fri Sep 14 16:42:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 17:32 +0100, Bill Crawford wrote:
> Adding an option to disable it would be good. I'd use it myself, until
> IPv6 is actually supported by the network I'm on (it isn't). I just
> wouldn't have argued for "by default" by any means. If it's enabled,
> then when ISPs (and hardware, corporate networks ...) actually support
> it en masse, Fedora installs are, well, ready. :)

Actually, even though I don't use IPv6, I'd still argue for it to be on
"by default". Because the only people who'd care to have it on or off
should have the capacity to wade in to the System menus and switch it
off. The rest can just be pleasantly surprised when IPv6 gets supported
in their infrastructure. I'm just getting tired of manually doing things
by hand (though I should really try kickstart one of these days. I
understand a lot of preconfiguration can be done before installation
these days ... both in low-level subsystems as well as user session
ones).
--

Richi Plana