Disable IPv6 by default.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Sep 14 17:21:27 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:03:36 +0000
> ""Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"" <johannbg at hi.is> wrote:
>

>> Should we or should we not disable IPv6 during installation/Anaconda
>>

> No, it should stay enabled by default.
>

>> Should we or should we not allow the user to decide during
>> installation ( Anaconda or after installation S-C-N ).
>>

> post-install yes, perhaps through s-c-n, or NetworkManager.  And we
> should still fix any bugs that show up due to having it enabled but not
> actively used.

Then *manually* disabled, module should be blacklisted and any services
that are IPv6
dependent or use IPv6 ( for example ip6tables ) should then be disabled
or that *feature in them.

If user turns something off that something stay turned off ( and thing
related/depend on it IPv6 or otherwize ).

Let's not waste cpu/ram/space/power on something that is not in use no
matter how small the % of  cpu/ram/space/power is.

Best regard
                Johann B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801