Disable IPv6 by default.

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Fri Sep 14 17:30:07 UTC 2007

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:03:36 +0000
> ""Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"" <johannbg at hi.is> wrote:
>
> > Should we or should we not disable IPv6 during installation/Anaconda
>
> No, it should stay enabled by default.

Agree. Until someone somehow adds a "smart" system for determining
whether IPv6 is active or not on-the-fly on the network and loading or
releasing resources as needed, then I suggest it remain on for now.

If someone is willing to work on that "smart" system, perhaps then the
decision to default should be re-evaluated.

> > Should we or should we not allow the user to decide during
> > installation ( Anaconda or after installation S-C-N ).
>
> post-install yes, perhaps through s-c-n, or NetworkManager.  And we
> should still fix any bugs that show up due to having it enabled but not
> actively used.

Agree. Jóhann raised two issues regarding post-install: "allow/disallow"
and "make it easy". I'm for freedom so of course I would say that that
option should always be made available. I'm also for making it easy if
someone would step up to the plate and and add that option to
system-config-network-cmd (and maybe even -tui and -gui).
--

Richi Plana