Announcing the Audio Creation SIG / CCRMA merger effort

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Sep 18 07:08:39 UTC 2007

Richi Plana wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 15:32 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> For now it would be great to get the Planet CCRMA packages that are
>> already there moved into Fedora proper (I think Planet CCRMA is quite
>> complete, but of course I'm slightly biased :-). If there are
>> interesting apps missing I/we'd like to know, of course - I'm sure there
>> are cool apps out there I have not yet packaged :-)
>
> Could someone update the wiki with a list of outstanding packages that
> need attention, then?

Erm, keeping a list like that up to date is a pain, so it will most likely
always be out of date and thus have little use. Anything from CCRMA which meets
Fedora's legal demands and is not in Fedora (nor in the review queue) is fair
game, you can find all CCRMA packages available in the SRPMS dir (see below).

> I google'd for Planet CCRMA's site (not on the wiki) and found the
> current repo. I found the compiled binaries but the SRPMS subdirectory
> is empty.

Erm yes the CCRMA srpms dir is a bit hidden, I'll add a link to it it the links
section of the SIG wiki page (which already contains a link to planet CCRMA).
The SRPMS are here:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/

> What are the packages that need to be packaged for Fedora? And is
> packaging going to start from scratch or are we picking up where Planet
> CCRMA left off?

The idea is to use CCRMA packages as a base. I'm currently working on the
ladspa plugin packages. Other good candidates are jaaa and japa, but as said
anything meeting the legal guidelines and not yet in Fedora or under review is
fair game.

> I've found the CCRMA site http://ccrma.stanford.edu/ and the Planet
> CCRMA site (http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/). How
> exactly are the two related? I understand that CCRMA has a couple of
> software projects (some old, some active). Is PlanetCCRMA currently
> in-sync with the projects at CCRMA? I guess what I'm trying to ask (and
> I can't find the right words to express it) is what's the intersection
> of the two entities in terms of software and what is the
> <term-for-the-opposite-of-intersection>?
> --

I'll leave the answer to this question up to Fernando.

Regards,

Hans