Root login in rawhide and display managers

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed Sep 19 14:06:28 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Denis Leroy wrote:
>

>> Creating a normal user is not mandatory in anaconda (as it should be).
>>
>> Maybe anaconda should only enable the option if no normal users were
>> creating during installation ? The idea here is to avoid a scenario
>> where after a successful X installation you just can't login into the
>> system!
>
> There was some discussions in fedora-desktop list into moving this
> option away from first boot into Anaconda itself so that this would be
> mandatory. This is indeed a good thing to do in this instance. Do file
> a RFE in Anaconda. The idea was to entirely get rid of first boot if
> possible in the desktop spin.

User should be able to turn on/off/enable/disable  services ( the
service's that aren't the mandatory one's ) in Anaconda
If I like/dislike some service being started after installation I could
enable/disable those service's during the installation *faze* be it
firstboot, cups, bluetooth, hplip,ip6tables etc.

Best regards
               Johann B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801