Xulrunner in Fedora 8

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Sep 19 15:41:19 UTC 2007

> Apply and "in the upstream trunk" are two different things, and in the
> case of Mozilla goo, rather important things :/

True in the general case, but this is a patch we're carrying already --
so presumably it shouldn't be much of an issue to carry it in xulrunner
too (is xulrunner subject to the same rules, or is that only if we link
firefox against it?).

Actually the patch in question seems to be applied already -- the only
problem seems to be that while $(OS_TEST) used to be set to 'ppc' it's
now set to 'powerpc', so the makefile fails to select a set of stubs and
the build aborts (yay, aborts rather than silently building a broken
library, like it used to). I assume it'll be the same issue for
ppc64/powerpc64. but will let the 32-bit build finish first.

If the xulrunner package is teamwork-enabled, I can commit the fixes
immediately. :)

--
dwmw2