screen blanking considered useless

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Wed Sep 19 23:31:48 UTC 2007

Florin Andrei wrote:
> In text mode, the console goes blank after a predetermined time - I
> think it's 15 minutes or something like that.
>
> I would argue that this is unnecessary nowadays.

Less necessary, probably true. However I have an iMac that now has a
nice "burn-in" on it's flat panel of a text mode dialogue box telling me
X has restarted too many times. I didn't think it could happen on modern
monitors, in paritcularly I thought it was only really applicable to
CRTs but it appears in at least some circumstances it still can.

--
Ian Chapman.