Root login in rawhide and display managers

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:10:28 UTC 2007

2007/9/19, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 10:04:59AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> >
> >> As the desktop spin is designed for home users on laptops, I don't
> >> think it should offer remote authentication as an option during
> >> installation at all, so there is no failure scenario here.  For people
> >> who want to set up labs of Fedora desktop machines - that's what the
> >> DVD and kickstart files are for.
> >>

> > Insert clue:
> >
> > I have a laptop and desktop boxes. I have better things to do that download
> > two sets of media. (and no the laptop doesn't have a DVD drive, and yes its
> > less than 12 months old)
> >
> > Alan
> >

> +1
> Plus too many option for users means too many things can go wrong....
> So keeping simple set of installation-images ( we should not start to
> release fedora-desktop, fedora-server,fedora-laptop,
> fedora-blue,fedora-black etc etc.. )
> and rather let the user choose what *type* of fedora he wants in Anaconda...

+10

having 20 different official spins with completly different selectable
options and settings not only cofuses the users... it especially
confuses the people that try to support the newcomers e.g. on irc. if
one wanted to help one had to really try out all of those spins to be
able to help properly.... cant become more confusing in my eyes...

regards,
Rudolf Kastl