Wireless and D-Bus problems with latest rawhide?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Sep 22 13:06:13 UTC 2007

> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:41:07 +0100
> Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure one should blame iwl3945 for this.  I updated a friend's
>> machine to development yesterday, on rt73usb.  Development
>> wpa_supplicant crapped out during initscripts with a dbus error (dbus
>> doesn't seem to get started until ordinal 26 in the initscripts?).
>> NetworkManager was completely unable to authenticate to a WPA AP.  I
>> downgraded NetworkManage and wpa_supplicant to the F7 versions and it
>> worked as usual.
>
> I think that uses the same underlying wifi stack as the iwl3945.
> Regardless we're fixing this bugs as fast as we can as they come up.
> Each new day's NetworkManager should improve upon the last.

Just adding my experience wrt iwl3945 getting the blame.  I don't think
mac80211 should get the blame either since I didn't change the kernel
during this.

But don't get me wrong, it's fine if NetworkManager (which has gotten a
LOT better for me in the last months) is broken in Development at any
particular time.  The fact the F7 one was "stable" enough to replace it
is fine too.

-Andy